Thursday, April 5, 2012

People! Lupin the 3rd is Awesome!


Okay, so DVD's of Lupin the 3rd (Part 2:Red Coat) arrived today. So, of course, I start watching it. I then realize that I've seen the first episode... a few times. I watched it in English and Japanese. I.. I like both voice tracks. I kept it on English because I was multitasking while it was on. No, I can't just sit and watch something.

The only problem is that I got Disc 1,2,3,4,6,7,and 8. Notice a missing number? Yes. Five is missing. RightStuf doesn't have it. Actually, no where has it. These are all Geneon/Pioneer releases and well, those companies are dead. There is also a lack of Disc 11 on the internet. Sadness.
So, next is 9-15 (minus 11) and Discotek release of Part 1(Green Coat). That is definitely on my want list.
I sort of wonder if Part 3(Pink Coat) will ever make it's way to the US. Jigen has such odd colors for his shirt in those.




Also, this LJ post made me want to watch Pink Coat Lupin even more. http://tilly-stratford.livejournal.com/357713.html

I need to go to sleep now.



4 comments:

  1. Are you willing to pay $45.00 for it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lupin-3rd-Vol-5-Mission-Irresistible-RARE-OOP-anime-DVD-/251003860650?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3a70fef6aa

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW "Lupin III - The Woman Called Fujiko Mine" is FUCKING AWESOME! Every single thing about it. It looks like Monkey Punch's comic book come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my next step should be to get vol 5, 11, and 15. Those are the three hard to get ones. When that is done I can go back to getting the others which seem to be in higher supply that the current moment. I also want the special, Episode 0 and of course Discotek's Part 1 release.

    Thanks for the link Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are collecting so many Lupin the 3rd discs.
    I watched all those episodes 35years ago when I was a junior high school student, so I can't remmember the contents clearly but I can tell Lupin the third is really great!!
    I love Jigen better tha Lupin.

    ReplyDelete