Friday, July 2, 2010

Another Day Out

I need to stop having a social life. It's interfering with my life of responsibilities. Not that I hate spending time with my friends. I just also really like the time I spend by myself.
This rant is not important.

On to what I did today... I spent time with my friends. I mean it is anime day. I took the movie Summer Wars {link} with me. You haven't heard of it? Look it up! It's one of the best movies I've seen this year. Grant it I'm saying these right after seeing Last Airbender.
It was a rather different type of movie in both the visual and story sense.
Imagine: Math wiz boy is tricked into spending four days in the country side by the most popular girl in his school. She needed a boyfriend to present to her Great GranMa. While there he unknowingly releases a terrible A.I. program onto the virtual reality world of OZ. This virtual world runs almost everything in the real world. So by the end our math wiz is saving the world and getting the girl. It was friggan amazing. And even if it seems like I told you a lot, I haven't nearly exposed the iceberg this movie really is. So emotional and epic. A must watch for EVERYONE!

So that was fun. Getting home at 1AM was unexpected. My friend wanted to raid the music in my portable harddrive. In all fairness I got music from her too.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm a 49-year-old Japanese. I'm really pleased to hear your commentary about Summer Wars.
    I watched it at the theater 1n 2009 and that was the best movie among the ones I watched that year.
    This movie is not only for the young, anime fans, but also for everyone, as you said.
    This movie blends suspense, comedy, family, and a touch of romance in an expert mixture that is fun and heartwarming.
    And I love Riichi san.(*^。^*)

    ReplyDelete