Saturday, February 4, 2012

Convention of 2012

I've been a convention go-er since 2002. So this year makes my 10 years of going to a convention.
In the beginning it was JaCon, in Orlando. It was started by an anime club from a university over there. It was cool. And for many years I really enjoyed it. Then, 'someone' (read as my ex) told me about a much closer convention called MetroCon. Other than it being closer it also had this 'Anime Human Chess Match' that was/is human chess with cosplay elements. All the years have connecting story plots and such. It's down fall is the dealers room for me. Alas, it may be bigger than JaCon, but the content is very poor. I've had enough of being disappointed with the same old merchandise. That and since I left 'someone' it just feels boring there now.

This year I am once again changing it up. This years is MegaCon! I moving back to Orlando conventions. (Joy!) The appeal to this one is EVERYTHING! It has anime, yes, but it also has science fiction, and comics. *doki doki* I'm gonna be saving $40 to have a photo with Breat Spiner. *big fan* I also what to see how the dealers room is. I hope I'll be able to find awesome stuff.

So, I've got a hotel room, ticket and time off. I need to do my taxes so that I have more spending money. (I sort of doubt I'll get my refund in time though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment