Thursday, June 25, 2009

MetroCon Report

MetroCon was a wacky mix of madness and fun. This year I focused on going to events and panels. Which is sad because I didn't really stop to talk to anyone around me. I sort of regret it now. Next year is gonna be the "screw panels" year.
On the first day I missed opening ceremonies because of the registration line. It was done rather stupidly this year. The could have split the line at some point to make it move faster. I'm loving the steampunk theme. Alot of really awesome costumes that I didn't take pictures of. D:> I sort of left my camera in the car. I got it after we moved our stuff to the hotel room. I did pleasure my need for art panels and Scott McNeil this year. Scott is a blast to listen too. I could listen to his jabbering for hours. ^_^ I did go to Friday night's rave thing. I never did get in the groove and eventually left.
On Saturday I barely got to the chessmatch on time. Sat abit far from the stage. I still understood what was going on. The ending was mad crazy. I really don't see what Darth Vader has to do with anime, since I'm really mostly an anime fan. I do like Star Wars, but it's not what I go to the chessmatch to see. D:<>:D
Woke up late on Sunday. We didn't do much on Sunday. Some dealers room, some chessmatch encore, some Voice Actor panels, some AMV watching. Left before closing ceremonies.

I'm not really sure if I was totally happy with this year. The chessmatch was the beginning of a new arc, so it seemed abit filler-ish in plot. I didn't really look at the artist alley, which is sad because I am an artist. I could have done without waiting in line. I should have wandered in after the line disappeared. Alot of things I probably told myself last year, but didn't remember to fix this year.

On a side note. I now feel like making AMVs. I meet AnimeBella at the hotel during breakfast. It's interesting talking to someone that is a known video editor. She was actually a guest for the convention. I'm even more happy to be able to speak to her frankly.

So that was my experience from MetroCon. I will be putting pictures on my photobucket soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment